Latest Bahrain News
Bahrain announces plans for new $25bn Green Town
A new Green Town is being planned by Bahrain, which would include government houses, theatre, library, health centre, a botanical garden, natural sanctuaries and public parks, a top official revealed.
The blueprints for the project also feature luxurious villas and eco-friendly commercial and office building, all built on private plots.
The $25bn project will ultimately link Bahrain to other GCC nations, and comprise bus stations, new road works, and pedestrian walkways, extending up to 400 meters and is built along the railway station. The new town covers 356 hectares, including 174 hectares in Northern Governorate, 182 in Capital Governorate. Being a greenbelt protected area, it comprises several palm trees and other such plantations.
The area will be used to serve both urbanisation and greenery, said Ameen, General Directorate of Urban Planning at the Ministry.
The new developments, irrespective of whether they are private or government-owned, will be built on 30 percent of plot of each individual, while the rest 70 percent would be reserved for greeneries.
There will be three types of urbanization here – mixed use agriculture gardens, mixed-use residential apartment gardens, and mixed-use government office gardens, all of which imply that the development would be covered with greenery, Ameen explained.
He further said that government would take up 30 percent of private plots for infrastructure amenities such as power station, road networks and bus stops. 20 percent from small plots and 30 percent from big plots would be reserved for railway and bus stations, power stations, new roads, etc. Also, pedestrian friendly walkways would be done, and interconnecting circles will be designed, stretching up to 400 meters.
Read more news
> Major Gulf Exhibitions trio unveiled Posted on 9/5/2013
> Family fun day out organised in Bahrain on 3rd May Posted on 1/5/2013
> Bahrain to host trio of major trade exhibitions from 7th May Posted on 1/5/2013
> Bahrain Causeway design now in its final stages Posted on 22/4/2013
> Bahrain, first in the Gulf to implement solar energy pilot project Posted on 22/4/2013
> The Bahrain Formula One race generates abo e $1bn Posted on 22/4/2013
> Formula One tickets meet quick sales in Bahrain Posted on 4/4/2013
> Bahrain tops Gulf region for healthcare and education Posted on 4/4/2013
> KLM expands with 7 weekly flights to Bahrain this summer Posted on 27/3/2013
> Riffa road revamp to be ready by May 2013 Posted on 27/3/2013